95% purity D-Pinitol is derived from the fruit of the Mediterranean carob tree, with many therapeutic properties.
The beneficial effect of D-pinitol on glucose metabolism and as a supplement to improve sports performance has been reported in a large number of scientific studies.
- Pinitol improves glucose control by significantly reducing HbA1c, fasting plasma glucose, and HOMA-IR.
- An improvement of up to 98% in glucose control with D-pinitol.
- Studies on D-pinitol have shown it to be safe at very high doses, so EFSA and the FDA state that it is safe for human consumption.
- Anti-Diabetic Effect – Improve glucose metabolism by promoting glucose transport and glycogen synthesis.
- Insulin-like Effect – Pinitol enters cells and mimics the action of insulin by stimulating glucose uptake in the skeletal muscle and fat cells by GLUT4 translocation.
- Pinitol can improve glycemic control and insulin sensitivity in patients with type 2 diabetes, especially in patients with insulin resistance.